Arny Krueger

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
correction:

CoolEdit is now known as Adobe Audition. By all accounts,
the Adobe take-over of CoolEdit did not hurt it appreciably.

Correction Correction:

CoolEdit *PRO* is now known as adobe Audition. As a user
of both, I agree that, CE*P* did not suffer from the transition.

Correction correction correction.

Adobe still hasn't brought back the CEP 2 CD burning feature. While this is
not an appreciable loss, it could cause a little suffering for those such as
myself who used it. It's very convenient for burning DAO CDs of live
performances with multiple tracks marked out for easy access. I just keep
running CEP2.

There are other ways to accomplish the same outcome, but none as integrated
and easy-to-use. Over on the Audition forums, Adobe is still taking heat for
their foot-dragging on the CD burning front.

HOWEVER, CoolEdit2000 (the low-cost 2-track version)
suffered the ultimate fate (eternal death) at the hands
of Adobe.

CE2K was a bit of an anomaly, a deal that was apparently too good to last.

For those that don't need 128 channels,
CE2K was the best value/money out there.

Didn't CE2K run out of gas just past 4 channels, even with the so-called
multitrack add-in? I'm pretty happy with 12 tracks for recording live
performances, but I'm thinking about 16.

Well, there are still the various simple stereo editors, and there is still
N-Track.

Now dearly departed thanks to Adobe (who only believe in high-
end wares.)

I suspect that support costs for CE2K and its extremely powerful editing
functionality were out-of-line for its sales price.