Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Ping-pong stereo

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Blu-ray Audio seems destined to become the hi-res format for serious
listeners.

Only for those conned by advertising.

I guess I wasn't wearing my aluminum-foil cap when Blu-ray was introduced.

But the format offers no true advantage for the end user.

No, none at all. Certainly not...

Up to 7.1 channels of discrete surround sound.
High sampling rates and increased bit depth.
The ability to put the equivalent of a dozen CDs on a single disk.

No, those aren't advantages -- especially "true" ones -- for the end user.

Hey, let's go back to 78s -- in convenient changer sequence, of course.