Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Ping-pong stereo

"Les Cargill" wrote in message ...
William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Les Cargill" wrote in message ...
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

I wouldn't dismiss the whole notion of surround recordings so
quickly, although I would dismiss a lot of surround recordings
for being gimmicky rather than any attempt to realistically
reproduce anything.

I would dismiss it completely because it's contrary to how people
consume media other than people who attend live acoustic
performances. At least for now, media consumption is pointed
at earbuds, camera video and tablets/phones.

So, out of respect for the tastes of the great unwashed, one should
not acquire or listen to surround recordings?

It might not hurt you to get out a little more...

I'll repeat what I said before... Progress in sound recording and reproduction
has come about largely because of scientists and engineers who wanted that
progress -- not because the public desired it.