Posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default [CM] Headphones - Hearing aids

On 22/04/2017 4:54 AM, Johnny B Good wrote:

frequency. Continuous exposure to high SPLs accelerates this reduction in
the maximum frequency limit of hearing in each individual's case. It's
quite important to tailor a hearing aid's frequency response and gain so
as to avoid needlessly doing more harm than good.

I don't know enough about it to have an opinion other that the concept
of boost level at various frequencies could do immense more harm.

..... like if I'm 20dB down at 14kHz, boosting that 14kHz by 20dB would
seem more likely to destroy whatever was left around there real quick !

geoff