Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default Microphones and the TSA

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:44:36 PM UTC-5, Frank Stearns wrote:
Anyone routinely travel within the USA carrying microphones in their

carry-on baggage?

What kind of issues (weird looks?) do you get? Any hassles in

general? (These would be smaller-body Neumanns and Gefells - no big

tube mics with their equally large power supplies.)

"Sir, we'll have to confiscate that M940. Looks dangerous." What's actually being

thought: "Kewl! That'll sound GREAT on my acoustic guitar."

Thanks,

Frank

Mobile Audio

--

.

I routinely travel with a pair of schoeps and some dpa lavs in my carryon and have not ever received comment.