Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Microphones and the TSA

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

What kind of issues (weird looks?) do you get? Any hassles in
general? (These would be smaller-body Neumanns and Gefells - no big
tube mics with their equally large power supplies.)

I have had them ask me what these things are (mostly 441s and Schoeps mikes
which are what I tend to travel with), but never had any problems.

Good to know, thank you.

hand-wired cards, had an allen wrench taken, spent three days in immigration
detention for having a suspicious passport, and generally been harassed for

I assume you were trying to get back in... That's pretty nuts. You probably could
have journeyed to somewhere along the northern or southern border and just walked
across... :/

Frank