What kind of room do you plan on tracking in? What do you want to do

with your
finished recordings? Most all of us here are Professional guys and we

would
tend to steer some one away from building a studio unless they have

the know
how to do it right from the first dollar they spend.
There is a FAQ for this group here...

http://www.phys.tue.nl/people/etimme...gfaq/RFAQ.html

Read thru the "Newbie" section first, there's a lot of really good

info there.
And you can find a link to the "Four Track forum" at the top as well,

everyone
in that forum is geared to the lower cost consumer set up.

Well..I would be recording in a typical new home style bedroom
(carpeted floors and dry wall). I will use my recordings mostly for
friends and family, to share with other guitarists and to be able to
critically review my playing.

Your point is well taken which is why I am looking for simplicity and
ease, while maintaining some degree of quality in the recordings. I
will take a closer look at the links you provided although most of the
4-track stuff seems to be outdated. Any other advice or direction
would be appreciated. Sorry if I am in the wrong place...

Regards,
Clement