Pooh Bear

Default Mikey falls down and can't get up

wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

As a sign of integrity from a magazine supposedly helpful to audiophiles.
Believe it or not there are people who might actually think a Shakti
stone
might acutally do something for their stereo, just like there are people
who
think that damping factor is an important specification for amplifiers.

Damping factor *is* important albeit the the typical numbers quoted for SS
amps
are so high as to be beyond worrying about from the perspective of
choosing one
over another based on that parameter.

Wrong, but thanks for playing.

Well, actaully I'm right but then the fact that I'm a pro-audio designer might
explain why I know a bit more about this than you.

So what do you think it is that makes damping factor *unimportant* ?

Graham