Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

On Nov 6, 2:15 pm, "geoff" wrote:
hank alrich wrote:

Having run his mod'd AKG C460's against the stock item, I call
bull**** on you.

Hell, the front end of a C460 has an LM301 in it, only a FET away from the
capsule ! I would be worried if a schoolkid couldn't improved that
significantly !

;-)

geoff

And just what opamp would you use to replace it with? And which
bipolar transistor? And which coupling caps? And how do you remove the
transformer and still drive a 1200 ohm load? The schoolkids want to
know.
BTW, the 301 is a single package opamp. The 460B uses a TI TL062 dual
fet input device. Good luck getting a single package device to work in
there.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades