Dennis Moore

Default Ears vs. Instruments

So changing labels on a product, giving the same product to a
customer, who you have gone out of your way to mislead into
thinking is a different product when it is the same isn't sleight
of hand? Okay, what is it? It isn't truthful.

Harry's comment about John Eargle falls under a mistake.
Doesn't appear to be made up, simply a mistake.

Dennis

"Nousaine" wrote in message
"Dennis Moore" wrote:

Mr. Nousaine,

Care to do like Harry and gives names and company details.

No. But Harry made up some of his now didn't he? John Eargle was not, as

is not
new, Chief Engineer of Denon.

Whether it is or not I don't know. But your anecdote has all
the markings of something made up.

It was related to me by the owner of a cd making facility. I cannot vouch

for
its truthfulness. But Harry can't vouch for the truthfulness of his

anecdote
either. On the other hand, I know an engineer at a BMG facility who has

related
similar "your product sounds bad" experiences.

Wonder what the large Japanese company would have thought
of this tactic if they had found out?

'Dunno but if the 'new' ones sounded better than 'themselves' perhaps they
would have apologized. Probably not

Wonder if something had
been amiss and they decided this CD plant couldn't fix the problems?
Wonder if owners of CD plants handle other complaints this way?

I'm guessing only in those cases where investigation revealed there was

nothing
wrong with the original product.

By doing nothing more than a little sleight of hand.

Dennis

Why do you consider that sleight of hand. They investigated the 'problem',
found none and satisfied a customer.

But that's not why I'm posting. I want to convey another anecdote. I know

fellow who wons a cd production facility. He recounted a story where a

large
Japanese company complained about production samples having 'inferior'

sound
quality.

He copied the defective samples returned to him, reproduced same,

relabeled
some of the 'defective' product and sent them all back. The client then
found
them all to have acceptable sound quality and was happy that he had

'fixed'
the
problems.