Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Stereophonic Realism - a Tautology

Donald White wrote:
On 4/22/2013 7:34 AM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
KH wrote:

3-D pattern, 2-D signal.

While I have read this news group for some time and Keith can surely
answer for himself, I don't think the 3-Ds he is referring to are
spacial dimensions. The three are time, amplitude and direction. Of
these the microphone captures only time and amplitude which are are
the contents of the 2-D signal.

Don

Well, that's different! I'm sure Keith can answer for himself on this one,
but I would say that the 3D means the same as the Greek derivation of
"stereophonic," or "solid," three dimensional as opposed to flat, two
dimensional, width only.

Gary Eickmeier