Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Another PC Oddity

david correia wrote:

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message
"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
message ...
A MacBook Pro is not even twice as expensive as a hi-end
"windows" laptop.

Considering they are almost identical hardware wise, that
is a complete rip off however. And the Mac die-hards
can't even say how much better their Motorola CPU's are
than Intel any more! :-)

Yes, at this point a Mac is just a PC with a very limited amount of options
for hardware, particularly on the system board.

You're conveniently omitting what's always made a Mac a Mac: the OS.

It's like comparing Android Pads with iPads. The hardware ain't that
different. But the OS sure is.

And speaking of limited options, is there a PC vendor shipping
Thunderbolt I/O, FireWire 800 & USB 2 standard or who's portable case is
milled from a solid piece of aluminum?

Not to metnion that current Macs run Windows well, according to a
son-in-law who had his company get him the fastest Mac available last
year, because it ran Windows faster than any of the other PC's they'd
assembled for his work. (His company has little customers like Google,
Amazon, etc.)

These are standard in current MacBooks, except for the previous gen
white Macbook still shipping. And the audio in and out is both digital
and analog. Standard.

Limited indeed.

(Even the tiny MacBook Air will be adding a Thunderbolt port next month.
The Air doesn't have digital audio in/out or FW 'tho. It's made to be
tiny.)

You guys are welcome to rub each other on the back and together sing
your songs of love for your PC's. But don't try and say that today, all
computers are the same. They are the same the way all cars are the same.

I personally know more than a few long-time Window's users who are
buying Macs. I bet you guys do too. The reason is simple: well made
computers, the local Apple Store, and OS X.

My brother in law, who makes his living installing huge PC networks all
over the country, a guy who always hated Macs, **** canned the HP's &
Dells and bought his wife and kids MacBooks. Something I would have
*never* imagined a few years ago.

Another brother in law, who also is a networking nerd, finally broke
down and bought his kids iPod Touches for Christmas. But he still hates
Apple & Macs ; Said he won't buy an iPad until MSFT ships one.

We'll see ...

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

p.s. If I may - for decades now, I've wondered about some PC user's near
obsession with Macs. Cuz personally, I don't give a **** about PC's. I'm
happy with what I got. I don't care about a tons of things I don't own.
I don't care about boats. I don't care about European soccer, Arena
Football. I don't care about Behringer gear. Who's got the time?

It's always kinda reminded me of the famous Hindu story, the Ramayana.
In it, the enemy of Rama, a bad dude called Ravana, is always thinking
about Rama. Which of course makes him, in a bizarre way, a great devotee
of Rama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqXcV9DYAc
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri