Posted to rec.audio.pro
DeeAa[_4_] DeeAa[_4_] is offline

Default Another PC Oddity

On 19 touko, 18:02, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I loaded up a Celeron laptop with 1.5 GB of RAM and a 40 GB hard drive with
win 7, and then with a 120 GB hard drive and XP. *Pretty much the same
performance, even though XP had the advantage.

If the hardware is modern enough, w7 can use it much more efficiently
and usually at least seem faster than Xp on same hardware.

I have a 3,7GHz dualcore (overclocked) w/1066Mhz (overclocked)
dualchannel ram & a 1G ATI (overclocked) displaycard...and changing xp
to w7 made it so much faster and more stable it's hard to believe. It
has not crashed once except due to the displaycard starting to be on
the fringe and acting up when cold...but, am upgrading the entire PC
soon to something a bit faster&modern.

I think the biggest difference, however is not in w7 / Xp difference
in general although w7 clearly boots much faster - the overall
greatest change probably came from the old system being 32bit and the
new OS is 64bit.