Posted to rec.audio.pro
DeeAa[_4_] DeeAa[_4_] is offline

Default Another PC Oddity

On 18 touko, 11:17, John Williamson
wrote:

While I might not be able to get a Mac to fall over, I have definitely
broken Linux and Windows in interesting ways just by using them.

Apparently all you need to do to get a mac to jam proper is stick in
some piece of USB gear that isn't quite standard or wrongly formatted.
I used a mac at work for a year and it was most infuriating, sometimes
the bugger would lose the mouse or something, and had to be booted
before it reappeared, or would halt completely upon putting in an USB
stick or something. Never had so many IT issues as with that damned
mac.

As for windoze's hibernate...it works well if the machine is made of
fully MS compliant parts. Very few machines are, or at least there are
some 3rd party drivers installed almost always. I write this on a
Samsung notebook and while it's not even MS compliant, hibernate works
perfectly. Sometimes it can go months without a reboot, but I tend to
reboot it sometimes anyway just in case.