Arny Krueger

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"=(8888)=" wrote in message
news
"Arny Krueger" emitted :

We don't all have to fawn over the same application.

Agreed.

However, it's not always all about fawning. It's also about having a
job to do and whether a product has the necessary features.

I sort of stumbled into CE some years ago, and just it kept meeting
my needs. CE was an early implementer of 24 & 32 bits, and still
offers unsurpassed support for far higher sample rates. I believe
that SF 5, which followed CEP by a year or more, was the first SF
to support 24/96.

I have briefly used a lite verison of SF, but really didn't see
enough of a difference to justify switching.

There appears to have been a period of a year or more when CE
supported far more data formats and higher sample rates than SF.
OTOH, SF has long appeared to have an integrated CD burning feature
that Adobe has not yet made available in Audition, after a promising
beta release from Syntrillium in CE2.

Sound Forge is more commonly used (preferred) in professional audio
circles, but don't let that bother you.

Opinion stated as fact.