Arny Krueger

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"SPS22" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Any example of what can be done in CoolEdit, that is not doable in
Goldwave or Audacity?

I'm not a Goldwave or Audacity expert, but how about you tell me how
to do something with either or both that is easy and obvious in CE?

Well, I am essentially trying to convert cassettes to CD's. So I think
I need the following:

- Record from source
- Small edits like
* removal of some portion of song
* removal of some portion of song but
not disturb the cycle of the rhythm
(Audacity seems more helpful than Goldwave
for this)
- Good hiss removal (Audacity & Goldwave hiss removal
makes the music worse, not better, for me.)
- Normalize volume of many .wav files to one level

Other than the hiss removal, the two low end products you've mentioned seem
like they would do the job you need done. Those of us who use CoolEdit Pro -
Audition don't have much need for add-ins because these products have a
number of built-in hiss removal features.

Bear in mind that it is difficult or impossible to remove a great deal of
hiss without adversely affecting sound quality, no matter what hardware and
software is at your disposal.