SPS22

Default What Software for Editing Sound on PC

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Any example of what can be done in CoolEdit, that is not doable in
Goldwave or Audacity?

I'm not a Goldwave or Audacity expert, but how about you tell me how to do
something with either or both that is easy and obvious in CE?

Well, I am essentially trying to convert cassettes to CD's. So I think
I need the following:

- Record from source
- Small edits like
* removal of some portion of song
* removal of some portion of song but
not disturb the cycle of the rythm
(Audacity seems more helpful than Goldwave
for this)
- Good hiss removal (Audacity & Goldwave hiss removal
makes the music worse, not better, for me.)
- Normalize volume of many .wav files to one level

surinder