Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Replacement Board for Event Electronics Tuned Reference MonitorTR-5?

On 10/12/2018 12:24 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 10/12/2018 11:35 AM, Paul wrote:
Â*Â*Â* It's not easy getting these little reference speakers apart: the
cabinets seem to be glued somewhat permanently together (no screws,
just glue).

I haven't seen those so I don't know if this applies, but is the woofer
attached to the front of the cabinet with screws? If so, you can
probably get to the inside workings by removing the woofer and working
through the big hole that leaves. That's how I got into my KEF speakers
to make some repairs on the crossovers. Leaky electrolytics etched
through a copper trace - same problem with the same capacitor in both
speakers, just that one ate all the way through the trace before the
other did, prompting the repair, and taking a look at the other one.

Yes, I took off the screwed-in woofer, which was the only
way to access the board inside. And you have to unscrew the
transformer as well, to fully remove the board.

As opposed to my HS 80Ms, that have a screwed on plate
on the back, for easy access. But granted, they are much larger
speakers.