Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tom Maddox

Default Audacity--shifting my voice in pitch

Hi,

Okay, I'm not using effects or special commands that I know of. I have
a a guitar intro that I recorded at 44,000 hz, followed by a voice
intro at 44,000 hz, then a long voice track recorded from a phone
bridge--it's an MP3 file, 16,000 hz. All are set at 32-bit float
(whatever that is).

Both the voice tracks and guitar tracks play back between a half-tone
and a full-tone higher than they were recorded at--I just checked with
the guitar. I recorded the guitar in an entirely separate file and
didn't change anything from recording to playing back.

I hope that helps you diagnose what I'm doing.

Thanks again,

Tom