Posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default Zarathustra SACD/DSD

On 08/05/2021 9:41 pm, Ron C wrote:
On 5/8/2021 4:36 PM, Sean B wrote:
Hello,

I've been searching for the best recorded version of (Also Sprach)
Zarathustra, by Richard Strauss, and I really like the 1973 Karajan version
for its tempo and interpretation.Â* Has this ever been released on SACD or as a
DSD file?Â* The CD version has some very screechy strings.

Are there any other versions of this piece that people like?

Thanks,

Sean B

OK, I'm sure this isn't what you're looking for... but ages ago I found this
awesome Bluegrass version from someone in this newsgroup.
[I seem to recall it was Mike Rivers, but may be wrong.]
Anyway, I put it in my dropbox.
~~
Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfv21c6ybg...0bluegrass.wav