Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,rec.audio.tech
Paul[_21_] Paul[_21_] is offline

Default Typical first pass tutorial process on Windows 10 where NONEof the extent how to articles actually tell you what you really need to do!

Arlen Holder wrote:

It's in understanding that final (fifth) planet lining up that I keep
reading (and re-reading) your response, gleaning a bit more with each try.

You need a diagram of an HDAudio chip, as additional context info.

I'll find one later and post a link. I've posted
one before, just can't find it. The ones in Analog Devices
datasheets are pretty clear, for example, and you'll be
able to see the Stereo Mix in there.

Paul