Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How do you personally shop for Hi-Fi speakers?

Brassplyer wrote:

-----------------

I'm not referring to just general principals of what to look for,
I mean specifically what do *you* personally do when looking for
speakers for recreational listening?

** First off, learn something about domestic hi-fi and loudspeakers made for that purpose.

Do you regard the listening
rooms at Best Buy to be useless or do you think they're good enough
to evaluate speakers/amps? Or is there nothing at Best Buy you feel
is worth having?

** Listen to demos in a shop is the WORST way to chose any hi-fi component.

Many high quality speakers for home use exist, but none are cheap.

There are also any number of genuinely famous or "classis" examples that can be bought on the used market - via Ebay etc.

All depends of your budget and what you expect and need.

..... Phil