Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.sci.physics,alt.sci.physics.acoustics
Tony[_3_] Tony[_3_] is offline

Default noise reduction material for window, noise from church bells

"GregS" wrote in message

... I notice on the new windows, there is a resonant range when a person
outside
the window is speaking and I hear a kind of hollow sound on the other
side. I have 9 windows
to replace and possible bay window. I imagine the resonance changes as the
temperatur changes,
and the glass bows in different amounts.

This might be the effect of sealed double glazing units (IGU). These have
two fairly thin layers of glass separated by a small air space, so there is
a resonance between the mass of the glass and the springiness of the air
between. The resonance frequency will probably be in the low hundreds of
Hz.

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hyphen