Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.sci.physics,alt.sci.physics.acoustics
hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat is offline

Default noise reduction material for window, noise from church bells

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:31:08 -0700 (PDT), dude-guy
wrote:

Hi,

I desperately need an opinion from someone with a good understanding
of materials or noise reduction in general.

I live close to a church and the church bell makes extreme loud noise.
The noise is really loud, going through my windows. I want to put an
extra layer of window - obviously it should be transparent. Should
this extra layer be real "window glass" or polymeric/plastic "PMMA"?

Which transparent material reduces "church bell" sound waves the most?
I was told these guys make something that can reduce noise:
http://www.altuglas.com

Which frequencies do I need to reduce (freq. of sound from church
bell)?

How about optimal layer thickness of the transparent material?

Hope somebody is clever enough to help me find the best solution...

Convert to Islam and do muezzin exercises calling for prayer,
when they ring the bells, that is.

w.