Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] garyv52@gmail.com is offline

Default Steinberg UR-RT4 Audio Interface

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 3:12:29 PM UTC-7, Paul wrote:
Does anyone have this unit?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Steinbe...o-Interface.gc

And if so, can you recommend it?

Thoughts?

I have both the RT2 and RT4 units. They are well made and sound very good. The 1/4" I/O connectors on the back are unbalanced but for my use this is fine. You can configure the XLR/1/4" combo jack (x2 on RT4) to accept balanced TRS line input. I use them on Mac computers which I think Steinberg has integrated nicely. Note if you are using the Steinberg dspMixFx interface software for this device it will be disabled when running Cubase. I say this because I enjoyed the Rev-x reverberation software on the device and had to download and license the VST equivalent to run native in Cubase.

Nicely done and I've heard good comments from my friends on the Rupert transformer option. You can even call Steinberg to get tech support and the manual is quite well done as well.

Gary V