playon

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:25:41 GMT, "Kevin Aylward"
wrote:

Mike Rivers wrote:
In article
writes:

The point is, it that it costs only a few bucks in electronic
components to produce 0.002% thd, imd, and all the rest of that
wonderfully useless 1000v/us slew rate performance. Like we want to
listen to FM 101 through our mic amps.

Oh, I guess Kevin is coming from that other audio universe where a
"preamp" is something that goes between an FM tuner, cassette deck, CD
player, or phonograph, and has Volume, Balance, and Tone controls as
well as an input selector.

Are you the only one in the NG so far not to know my universe?

http://www.anasoft.co.uk/band/bio.htm

His comment about $500 cables was the
tip-off. That is indeed an industry with a segment that runs on snake
oil.

Jim Williams' work with professional recording and production gear is
a different world

Not at all. Its same ****, different suckers.

Uh oh...