Scott Gardner

Default Does anyone make a car radio with a line in jack in the front?

I have an iPod as well, and use it with my JVC KD-SH77, which has a
front-panel line-in. It works great, and I think the higher-end
KD-SH99 has a front-panel input as well. I don't think either unit is
still in production, but if you can find one either used or from a
retailer that sells discontinued models, I think they're great units.

I think a line-in is the way to go, as opposed to a wireless FM
transmitter, or even a hard-wired FM modulator. I have the Belkin
iTrip FM transmitter on my wife's iPod, and it works well, but you can
tell the difference between using it and having a wired connection to
an AUX input.

Since it sounds like you're willing to buy a new head unit, if you
can't find one with a front-panel aux input, there are a lot of them
that have a CD changer rear input that can be easily converted to an
AUX input.

Scott Gardner

On 11 May 2004 08:28:00 -0700, (Christos
Christoforou) wrote:

I want to be able to use an apple ipod and use the car radio as an amplifier.

I know there is some sort of a tape one can buy for about $20 at the Walmart,
but I was wondering if anyone makes a radio with a little connector... It seems
that the quality would be better if there were a line in jack.

thanks
christos