Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default THE LOUDNESS WAR IS REAL!

On Jan 30, 9:28*pm, ChrisCoaster wrote:
I RECENTLY BORROWED MY FRIEND'S 1987 CD RELEASE OF "THRILLER"(MICHAEL
JACKSON), RIPPED SOME TRACKS AND LOADED THEM INTO AUDACITY. *I THEN
RIPPED THE SAME TRACK #S FROM MY "25TH ANNIV" THRILLER AND LOADED THEM
INTO AUDACITY.

MY WORST FEARS WERE CONFIRMED - "BEAT IT"(2007) WAVEFORM APPEARED
BLOATED AND CLIPPED COMPARED TO THE CD FROM THE '80S.

MY ADVICE: PURCHASE THE 25TH ANNIV THRILLER ONLY FOR TRACKS NOT ON THE
ORIGINAL THRILLER ALBUM! *AND TO POST- ENGINEERS:

turn it down, please?

-chriscoaster...

And by the way, mister big record label or big time act: You can't
fool this old pro at spotting an altered track. I'll load it into Pro
Tools or Audacity and know it's been meddled with just by the
brickwalled sections of its wave form and how little the meters move
up and down when I play it! Watch out! The reissue/remastering
sheriff has entered the studio.

-CC