Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default The Longears ZNFB Silicon Amp (LZSA or Elzilsa) Feedback

Eeyore wrote:
John Byrns wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Sander deWaal wrote:
I know of no (commercial) transistor amp that can work without loop
feedback.

It could be done though. It's simply not conventional to do so.

Wasn't it done about a year ago right here in this group, although it
wasn't commercial which I assume is the reason for the disclaimer.

I'm not sure. It's entirely possible I made the same claim a year ago
though.

You're tripping over your ego again, Poopie, thinking everything
everyone says relates to you. But Mr Byrns is referring to an
outstanding solid state amplifier designed by that great post office
engineer Stewart Pinkerton.

I know exactly how to do it. It's almost trivial in fact.

Go for it, Longears. We'll agree the spec and then you can draw,
develop and publish the design, running a thread here all the time with
an account of how you're going. Be a way for you to regain some
respect.

I guess the first parameter should be ZNFB, though we might have to be
a bit flexible about that.

I guess it might
actually be commercially viable given the crazy claims being made about
feedback.

Forget a commercial deal. That's too tough a test to set; designing the
thing to a ZNFB parameter is a tough enough nut to crack.

Graham

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"