Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Feedback

John Byrns wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Sander deWaal wrote:

A cathode resistor is local feedback, and some even argue that a
triode has inherent feedback.

Strictly speaking that's an *unbypassed* cathode resistor but I know
what you're driving at.

snip

I know of no (commercial) transistor amp that can work without loop
feedback.

It could be done though. It's simply not conventional to do so.

Wasn't it done about a year ago right here in this group, although it
wasn't commercial which I assume is the reason for the disclaimer.

I'm not sure. It's entirely possible I made the same claim a year ago
though.

I know exactly how to do it. It's almost trivial in fact. I guess it might
actually be commercially viable given the crazy claims being made about
feedback.

Graham