Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Feedback

"Lost'n Found" said:

Do you guys like or dislike feedback in amplifiers?

I know it is a question that . . . . -_- sigh

But still, what do you think?

I think we can't live without feedback, so what is ur feedback?

Every amplifier uses feedback, but us tubies usually only use the
"local feedback" variety.

A cathode resistor is local feedback, and some even argue that a
triode has inherent feedback.

So it's not a matter of liking or not liking, it;s just there.

Now loop feedback, that's something different.
If possible, I try to avoid it in my tube amps, usually because they
apparently don't need it.
But when they do, I don't hesitate to use it with care.

I know of no (commercial) transistor amp that can work without loop
feedback.

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."