Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
Who cares? And why? I understand the "what's that mic?" and ridiculing
the boffo mic placement in a video, and where was that tambourine player
anyway? But really, a video production is a production and it doesn't
have to be real.

Because the original post was someone asking if it was real.

Now... that said... this is a short piece out of a feature film which includes
a lot of concert footage that IS real, and I urge everyone to watch the whole
film and see the concerts which make it clear that the band really IS that
tight.

Even so, it wasn't that unusual for a band to play together in the
studio like that with minimal separation and no need for phones. However,
when heavy vocal effects are being used it is impossible for the vocalists
to take advantage of the artificial acoustics when doing this. And the
original recording has very heavy and bright reverb added to it. So I would
doubt that the original session looked much like that... but I have certainly
worked sessions that did.

Is it just me or does this look like 16mm ECO?