Patrick Turner

Lawrence wrote:

Some people told me that a "good" and "no-so-good" 12AX7 and 12AU7 really
make a big difference to the pre-amp and power-amp.

I look at some Chinese 12AX7A which cost about US$12.00 a piece, and a
piece of Tesla ECC803S cost about US$50.00; similar goes to the 12AU7!

I wouldn't mind to pay for the difference, but I want to know if it is
worth paying that?

Can anyone ever tried that can be kind enough to share their experience?

Thanks in advance!

Just buy some alternative tubes to try, plug them in,
and listen.

If you hear no changes, then you only wasted $100.

But if you hear better music, you have to decide if it was worth the $100.

But there are a heck of a lot of opinions out there about "tube rolling",
but only your own opinion matters.

Patrick Turner.

Lawrence