Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default compact mixer of decent quality

Nate Najar wrote:

lets say under $1000 give or take for 4-8 mic channels. I don't need
built in effects or multiple foldback sends. compact, good sound and a
built in power supply are the name of the game.

Have you seen Bob O's comments at PRW regarding him being suprised to
find a well known and well respected classical recordist in Nashville
tracking a large ensemble using a Mackie Onyx? The man said he was
surprised how very good it all sounded.

I'd look at these, personally, if I'm needing to hang with that budget.
Maybe carry an RNP where I needed more preamps.

http://mackie.com/products/onyx1220i/

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com