Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default compact mixer of decent quality

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Les Cargill" wrote in message ...

I have never even heard of Melodyne before...

http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne

Fascinating. I can't help but think "a German Harry Partch".

Exactly. Musique concrete. IMO, it's only German because the
plugin business found more of a home there.

Bomb Factory, all that started in the US but did not remain.

One of his points is that everything already exists /as an idea/, even
if it hasn't been physically expressed. (I'd go further and say
everything exists /only/ as an idea, but that's another issue.)

Gets kinda bootstrappey. Skyhook-ey.

When I'm
trying to solve a problem, I keep in mind that, if there's an answer, it
already exists. I cannot actually create anything; I can only discover
(dis-cover) it.

You could possibly build it from scratch but I doubt you have the budget
for it...

When he's asked how it was that he came up with his approach to
analysis, he says he doesn't know. In fact, his work and experiences up
to that point had prepared him to recognize something that (probably) no
one else had noticed before.

It's a phenomenal piece of work but it's caused as much despair as
anything else but that's possibly observer bias on my part.

--
Les Cargill