Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default compact mixer of decent quality

On 7/10/2014 8:57 AM, Les Cargill wrote:

Melodyne is mentioned in every interview I have read
where people say why they want to use tape.

Every interview? Really? How strange. Melodyne makes a program called
Capstan (quite expensive) that, in some cases, can reduce flutter. Maybe
nutty tape people are buying it and using it when they digitize their
tapes. When I think of Melodyne (as a product) I think of their musical
pitch correction and "Audio DNA" polyphonic editor.

The Plangent process really works and removes both frequency modulation
and amplitude modulation ("scrape flutter"), but it's for people with a
budget for commercial reissues, not for home enjoyment, except for
wealthy audiophiles.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com