Posted to rec.audio.tech
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default TV Antenna Connections & Temperature

Doug Freyburger wrote:

I see. We got a ClearStrem 2 Complete that adds a dipole to that.

http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/...VHF-Combo.html

It's supposed to work great for all channels. I had to move it around a
bit to get a spot with minimum interference but now it works. I put it
on a box so it points above the wrought iron railing around the deck.

How much better it is than the square one in the window remains to be
seen as the weather gets worse. At least we now get the channels in the
20 series that come from the other good PBS affiliate on the new
antenna. One more PBS series isn't a large deal but they are the
slightly better one for what shows they carry. It's already been a win.

Report from my wife is that during the day the reception of channels 2,
5 and 7 suck, just not as bad as with the square antenna. Her favorite
shows are on those channels during the day and several of our
favorites like NCIS are on them at night.

I'll look at a bigger VHF type antenna to merge with the propeller
looking part of the Clear Stream. The added dipole that's the
difference between a regular ClearStream 2 and a ClearStream 2 Complete
did not cut it.