Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default TV Antenna Connections & Temperature

Apologies for posting this here - there doesnt seem to exist a newsgrp
pertaining to TV reception issues.

My setup: Antennas Direct's model# DB-8(UHF) combined via uvsj
combiner with a plain rabbit ears(for high VHF) and rg-6 running to my
D/A converter. I live 35 miles northeast of NYC and generally get
everything I need over air. Antennas are mounted on an 8ft pole in the
yard.

The problem: When the temp drops toward freezing my signal strength
does too and I lose several channels - mainly the high vhf ones.

Q: Is this an effect of temperature dropping?

Thanks for any help you can lend me or any suggestions where else i
can post this inquiry.

-ChrisCoaster