Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default I need a preamp/eq for my guitar

"Nate Najar" wrote in message
the pendulum sps is perfect except for 2 things- it's 2 channels and I
only want one, and it's a full rackspace and I want something more
portable for flying.

we've sort of been through this before on this group- it seems the speck
is the best option. but it's 2 half rack modules. I want one module that
can accept a hi z pickup feed and preamp and eq it.

I've been using a baggs DI and it's ok but not ideal for a number of
reasons. for the price it's unbeatable though.

if there were something of the quality of the speck, had a mic pre and eq
in that size or slightly larger case, I would be very happy. then I could
use the pendulum preamp module that preamps the signal at the jack- but it
requires a mic input and 48v.

a single channel rnp with built in parametric eq would be GREAT!

I don't think it exists, with the exception of some of the high end
channel strips like the neve portico... am I missing something? anyone
have an idea on something to try?

For a completely different approach - what could be done with the RDL 3 band
parametric eq that is 5 11/16" x 3 1/4" x 1 7/16" ?

http://www.rdlnet.com/pdf/Data_Sheets/fp-peq3.pdf