Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default I need a preamp/eq for my guitar

Ty Ford wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:39:42 -0500, Les Cargill wrote
(in article ):

Hank raves about the Red Eye frequently. No EQ, but...

Les,

Where are your brains today?

As closely as I've been able to discern Les has so many brain cells that
there'd be no practical way to know where they all are at any given
point in time.

There is a HF adjustment on the Red Eye and Red Eye Twin.

True, that, but when folks are thinking EQ like a Speck ASC they might
well overlook that.

If balance problems originate within a pickup system more serious EQ
might well be needed. The K&K's for flat top guitars have three
elements, and one of them is designated for placement between the other
two, perhaps to address the kind of imbalance Nate is experiencing.

With the K&K I find the HF adjustment sufficient, and rarely move the
pot as much as five or six degrees of rotation.

I own a twin. It does very nice things to the K&K Pure Western Mini in my
Martin.

Maybe Nate will buy one and come back here to say I'm full o' ****.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri