Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default I need a preamp/eq for my guitar

Nate Najar wrote:
the pendulum sps is perfect except for 2 things- it's 2 channels and I only want one, and it's a full rackspace and I want something more portable for flying.

we've sort of been through this before on this group- it seems the speck is the best option. but it's 2 half rack modules. I want one module that can accept a hi z pickup feed and preamp and eq it.

I've been using a baggs DI and it's ok but not ideal for a number of reasons. for the price it's unbeatable though.

if there were something of the quality of the speck, had a mic pre and eq in that size or slightly larger case, I would be very happy. then I could use the pendulum preamp module that preamps the signal at the jack- but it requires a mic input and 48v.

a single channel rnp with built in parametric eq would be GREAT!

The RNP is not the right impedance to be a guitar input (especially a
peizo ).

I don't think it exists, with the exception of some of the high end channel strips like the neve portico... am I missing something? anyone have an idea on something to try?

Hank raves about the Red Eye frequently. No EQ, but...

What about the K&K Pure Preamp? Same problems as the Baggs? They make
both a 1/4" and XLR output version, so...

There's a K&K internal to my K&K setup, and I don't hear anything wrong
with it. It's very small. I don't see this particular model on offer
any more. Seems closest to the Pre-Phase.

--
Les Cargill