Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-07 06:50:32 -0800, Scott Dorsey said:

Tom Evans wrote:

Most of the Kontakt sounds are not my cup of soup style-wise. (To put
it more simply, I don't like most of them.)

Then purchase a third-party sample library. Pick the software you like,
then purchase sounds for it, not the other way around.

Or make your own samples.
--scott

I have softwa Garageband.

I considered buying Logic Pro, but have been assured in this thread that
I don't need Logic Pro to make pro-quality soongs.

You don't *need* any particular program to make pro-quality songs. What
you need is talent and patience, and a basic recording setup.

People have been making music for Centuries without computers, and
recording stuff for decades using various recording technologies. The
only thing they all have in common is a need to make music for others to
hear. If you have that need, then you will find a way to do the job with
whatever you've got.

But I still need to add some swell instrument sounds to the software to
make those swell songs.

See above. It's quite possible to make very good music using cheesy
stuff like a Roland drum machine and a Casio keyboard, if you're
talented enough. I've heard a pair of musicians make good sounds with a
keyboard, a guitar, two voices and a "Band in a box" machine. It was
just a shame they started their set with "Smoke On The Water"...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.