Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

Jack wrote:

My luck with used has been poor. I first tried a used Behringerm
but a few channel died. Then I schmoozed into a used Mackie 32-in,
but it's developed a tendency for the left channel to drop out
(of everything) intermittently. On the TV side, I got a used
vectorscope, and it exploded the first day (well, it smoked and

burned up.)
Scott's not talking about buying already-marginal, used, MI-grade
junk. He referenced professional *broadcast quality* gear; most of
which has been professionally maintained over its lifetime...and
specifically built for the application you describe.

Jack's right on the money with this. tHe Mackie Behringer
stuff is not designed for your application, is often not
professionally maintained. By the time you buy it used,
it's a bick lighter. throw the sucker away.

IN fact, pro bc gear would be easier for your "amateurs" to
get their heads around. THey don't have to remember wtf aux
bus is or similar terminology. THe sucker is labeled,
control room, etc.

IF you need oodles of channels cheap, then get you a Mackie
or Behringer and run it as a side car, but give your
"amateur" volunteers a chance to figure out what's what by
providing a regular broadcast console for master control.

Have you considered mono? It's the future, you know.

Let me answer, mono y mono: I'm having enough trouble trying to
get everything digital and HDTV, as it is!

ANd most folks who are going to watch "public access tv" are
watching in mono anyway. dO you listen to your air chain
for mono compatability, or do you not bother with that?

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Great audio is never heard by the average person, but bad
audio is heard by everyone.