Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

wrote:
Can any of our audio gurus point me to a specialized piece of audio
"equipment," either pre-made or some obvious home-made solution?

In my PEG Access TV studio, most of the inputs to our audio mixer are
stereo, and they end up on two separate faders, panned L-R. I have
seen mixers with clips that make the two faders move as one. Any idea
where I could get some?

The traditional way to do this is with a pencil stub and a rubber band.
You could use a nice maple dowel, stained to match the wooden end pieces
on the console, and a rubber band. Or a Lucite rod and some PVC pipe
cement. When you get your mixer, get a few spare knobs and experiment.

I actually remember a name for that: "Mickey knob" and no, I don't know
who Mickey is. TASCAM used to sell one to join the separate left and
right master faders of one (or some) of their consoles together. Today,
I dunno.

me he
)