Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

wrote:
On Nov 20, 2:07 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:

snip

And there are a lot of used
broadcast consoles out there for cheap.

It's been said--and refuted, to some degree--but you get what you pay for.

My luck with used has been poor. I first tried a used Behringerm but a
few channel died. Then I schmoozed into a used Mackie 32-in, but it's
developed a tendency for the left channel to drop out (of everything)
intermittently. On the TV side, I got a used vectorscope, and it
exploded the first day (well, it smoked and burned up.)

Scott's not talking about buying already-marginal, used, MI-grade junk.
He referenced professional *broadcast quality* gear; most of which has
been professionally maintained over its lifetime...and specifically
built for the application you describe. You consistently ignore the
recommendations made here and come back looking for more...which you
then criticize.

Many of our users are amateurs, and it is hard to get them to use
pairs of faders. I am hoping a clip on each pair would make it more
obvious, even unavoidable.

Gaff a pencil onto the two faders. Problem solved.

Have you considered mono? It's the future, you know.

Let me answer, mono y mono: I'm having enough trouble trying to get
everything digital and HDTV, as it is!

What the heck does this translate to?

Reference the link below....

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=google+translate