Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

wrote:
On Nov 20, 2:07=A0pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
We always made our own. =A0Draw it out, take it down to your local custom
motorcycle shop and have them cut you some. =A0Explain to them that you w=

ant
it out of aluminum so it's easy to make.

I may have to, if nobody else has another source. I don't know why
Markertek doesn't have them, or even Mackie themselves.

Because no two consoles are the same. And sometimes you need to move
more than two channels at a time, too, which usually us a pencil and
rubber band kind of operation.

=A0And there are a lot of used
broadcast consoles out there for cheap.

My luck with used has been poor. I first tried a used Behringerm but a
few channel died. Then I schmoozed into a used Mackie 32-in, but it's
developed a tendency for the left channel to drop out (of everything)
intermittently. On the TV side, I got a used vectorscope, and it
exploded the first day (well, it smoked and burned up.)

I don't think I have bought more than one or two new items (more than
a patch cord anyway) in the past thirty years. Just about everything here
is used. I don't see any reason to pay new prices. But I also wouldn't
buy disposable gear used.... by the time it sells used, its short lifetime
is over.
--scott

"C'est un Nagra. =A0C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

What the heck does this translate to?

"It's a Nagra. It's Swiss, and very very precise." It's a misquote from
the film Diva, but by the time I found I had misquoted it, I'd been using
it for fifteen years and it was too late to change.