Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ken Ken is offline

Default Revox A77 Capstan Servo

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:23:56 +0100, Ian Bell
wrote:

My high speed A77 is running too fast. The service manual description of the
capstan servo talks about a resonant circuit used as a discriminater but
the circuit shows an NE555 instead. It's an old A77 and the capstan servo
PCB looks like is has the resonant circuit - no sign of the 555. I have
gone back through capstan servo circuits at the Studer web site and the
only one with a resonant circuit is in the A80.

So I don't have a definitely correct circuit for the capstan servo -
need advice on how to diagnose & fix this problem.

Cheers

Ian

I have an old A77 manual here. I made some images over the
schematics with my pocket digital camera and put them here.
http://tekniken.se/a77/ Is this what you want? (no 555)
They are high resolution PNG-format.