Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Rich Grise

Default 24 bit audio over USB

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:28:32 +0100, Pooh Bear wrote:

Jeff Findley wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
I'm effectivly *designing* a sound card - not in the market to buy one.

I know, but I fail to see the point when there are many affordable USB sound
cards with digital audio inputs and outputs.

I'm not making one of those am I ?

Plus, I prefer optical digital connections to keep the electrically noisy PC
completely electrically
isolated from my audio equipment.

Quite sensible.

If I were you I'd concentrate on the high end A/D and D/A parts of the
circuit and use an existing USB sound card with digital inputs and outputs
to drive it.

That won't fit my target market. Also is a clumsy implementation.

I do wish ppl wouldn't keep saying don't bother, use something else btw. I don't
want to give away my 'secrets' but all I want is a USB audio interface to
incorporate in something else.

It sounds to me like that's exactly what people are suggesting - if a "USB
sound card" isn't a "USB audio interface", I don't konw what is.

Or are you looking for a one-chip thing, to embed? If so, you should know
by now that you should have already said so./snotty pedagogue

Good Luck!
Rich