Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default 24 bit audio over USB

Pooh Bear wrote:
I suppose you could take one apart and see what's in it.

That's not really the way I normally do things. Beside, I don't want to
necessarily use what was possibly state of the art when they were designed maybe
several years back when better may be available.

You should. Because basically there are only a couple USB chipsets out
there, which everybody is using. Pick the USB chipset that you see in
a typical product, THEN use their driver. In all probability, the driver
is going to be provided by the chip manufacturer anyway and they should
have full driver source available on their web site.

For Firewire, most folks are using the TI GPLynx2 chipset. For USB 1.0,
the popular ones were the TI USB3200 and TAS1020B. I don't know who is
making the USB 2.0 audio chipset of highest popularity today.