Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

Default 24 bit audio over USB

"Pooh Bear" wrote
in message

I'm interested in passing stereo audio over USB in both directions.

One means for doing this is the network device model. There are a number of
devices that implement a peer network between two computers over a USB
interface. You can move just about any kind of data there is over a peer
network.

Shift gears to Firewire, and Windows has the required driver built in.

I believe that Windows already has a 16bit driver for this but I want
24bit.

There are a goodly number of 24 bit audio devices that run on USB. AFAIK
they all have to provide their own driver.